How well does your website perform in these key areas…
- Speed– Does your website load quickly?
- Visibility – Is it easy to read? Remember, content is king!
- Discovery – Is your website easy to find?
- Consistency – Is the branding and layout consistent throughout your site?
- Navigation – Can your audience get around your website easily?
Page performance is absolutely vital. If your website is slow, you will lose
customers to your competitors because they simply won't hang around waiting
for it to load up! Ideally the viewer should see your main content within 3
seconds, but obviously the faster the better.
The average page load time for the top 100 eCommerce websites is around 6.2
seconds for rendering main content (TTI – Time to Interact). As 6.2 seconds is
a long period of time, there is plenty of scope for improvement.
- Only 14% of the top 100 retail websites were able to meet user expectations in load time, being able to interact within three seconds.
- A one second delay in page load time gives an 11% loss in sales conversions and a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- A £100,000 a day website would lose £2.5million per year
- For every 100 millisecond of improvement, revenues increase by 1%.
- Why not test your website now with this FREE online website performance tester
Don't know how to optimise and get the best out of your website? Don't worry, 5and3 can help you.
Without content, no one would ever see your website through search engines,
so content is fundamental to your website's success.
Does your content cater for your target audience? For example, if your target
audience is the older generation, then perhaps font sizes should be big and clear.
Is it engaging, will the viewer want to come back? Are you offering value to
the www or just hard selling. Google will rank you higher if you offer valuable
Our Graphic and website designers know exactly how to brand content effectively
for all types of businesses. In fact, they revel in creating new brands so all
printed and digital marketing materials are consistent throughout.
Not sure if your content is good enough? Not to worry, we have a copywriter
as part of our team too.
Is your website easy to find? Not your office, but your online business!
There's not much point having a top notch website, if nobody can find it!
- Is your URL good and easy to remember? There are some good domain name guides out there, but basically, you'll want a domain name that is easy to remember and preferably includes some of your business keywords and/or company name.
- Is your website accessible to your target audience, including those with disabilities?
- Screen Readers – Can screen readers navigate around efficiently?
- Colour blindness – Avoid using greens, reds and browns together
Is your brand consistent?
Does it tell the audience what your business or product is, effectively and
in an engaging manner? Is your website up to par with your brand or vice
versa? A badly executed brand identity can do your business more harm than
good, so too can an inconsistent and badly performing website.
Our creative team can re-fresh or create a new brand identity for you.
Take a look at some of our branding projects here
Can customers find what they need, quickly and easily?
Navigation is massively important from a user experience point of view. If people
can't find what they are looking for, they will give up and try your competitors!
If your website loads quickly, has great content that is updated regularly,
is easy to find and navigate for all users, along with excellent branding
that's been consistently installed throughout your website and right across
the company as a whole, then you are half way there to improving website
traffic, increasing lead generation and competing with your competitors.